Facts about Genital Herpes or HSV-2
- There is no "safe" sex.
- Condoms do not necessarily prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
- Genital herpes is a viral infection that can cause painful genital sores and causes recurrent outbreaks.
- Many people are infected with herpes virus and are now aware of the infection.
- The herpes virus is spread by direct person-to-person contact.
- An infected person may transmit the virus to others even if no symptoms are present.
- There is no cure for genital herpes, but viral shedding and outbreaks can be reduced with antiviral medications.
- Do Condoms protect you against STDs or Sexually Transmitted Diseases?
- How to Prevent Genital Herpes or HSV-2? Do Condoms help?
- Is there a Cure or Treatment for Genital Herpes or HSV-2? Does Zovirax, Famvir, or Valtrex help?
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Genital Herpes?
- How is Genital Herpes Spread? How do people get Genital Herpes?
- How Common is Genital Herpes or HSV-2?