How to Cook Indian Basmati Rice
Serves: 2-4 | Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min
1 C Basmati Rice
2 C Water
1 Tbs Cooking Oil
- Wash the Basmati rice in a pan. The water will turn white while washing the rice. Keep draining, adding water and stirring until water starts to become clear. Be sure not to let the rice drain while draining the water.
- Add 2 cups of water, 1 cup of washed rice and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil or ghee in a deep pan. Turn the heat to high.
- When the water starts to boil, turn the heat to medium low and cover the pan. Do not fully cover the pan, leave some space for the steam to escape.
- Cook for 10 minutes and uncover the pan. Check with a spoon to see if the water has fully evaporated from the bottom of the pan.
- If water is still present in the rice, cook uncovered until the water fully evaporates.
Serve hot on a plate.