Sample Letter of Recommendation as a Teacher
To whom it may concern:
I am privileged to write in support of my dear friend and student, Dan Peel. Dan studied in my classroom and laboratory program for close to three years, during which time I witnessed his tremendous growth and development. This development came not only in the area of business achievement and leadership, but in maturity and character as well.
Dan entered William University at the young age of 17, a precocious high school graduate. At first, he had difficulty accepting his place as a young, less experienced lab member. But soon, he learned the valuable trait of humility, and enjoyed the opportunity to learn from his older peers and his professors.
Dan quickly learned to manage his time, work in group situations under strict deadlines, and to recognize the importance of a strong work ethic, persistence, and intellectual integrity. He has long since become the most valuable member of my student-lab team, and a role model for his newer classmates.
I recommend Dan to your fellowship program with absolute confidence. He has made me proud, as his teacher and friend, and I am sure will continue to do so as he grows in your business program and beyond.
Dr. Amy Turner,
Professor, William University
- Things to avoid in a reference letter or letter of recommendation
- What goes into a reference letter? What does letter of recommendation contain?
- Who should write a reference letter?
- What is a reference or recommendation letter and when are they used?
- Sample Letter of Recommendation as a Colleague
- Sample Letter of Recommendation as a Friend
- Sample Letter of Recommendation as an Employer
- Letter of Recommendation Template